My boyfriend will make way more money

my boyfriend will make way more money

I am a woman who makes more than my husband and our situation is growing boyfriebd unique by the day. In my experience, communicating our needs early mzke often is a great way to minimize frustration, hurt feelings and hurt pride. We all have things we look forward to, and sometimes the anticipation that comes with saving for something we want brings us as much happiness as the goal. For me, that goal is travel. This is a challenge because my husband enjoys traveling, but not as much as I. Our solution: Since my husband enjoys traveling, we share the cost, just moneu evenly. Most of the time, that means I pay for the elements of the trip that tend to cost the most and need to be decided in advance, like flights and hotels.

Trending News

⓫-10 -(

Most Viewed Stories

)}Up until very recently, I earned more money than my boyfriend. Not like, Scrooge McDuck diving into a pile of money levels of earning, but just about enough that I could pay my rent, buy a travelcard and have enough left over for a couple of glasses of wine with my mates at some point in the month. According to a super depressing recent study, men don’t deal with earning less that their lady friends. The likelihood of these men cheating though decreased when the contributed. This suggests that the more they contributed financially, the more their precious male egos were massaged, preventing them from finding a bit of extra-curricular ‘bolstering’ on the. For me though, things couldn’t have been further from the truth. Unless that time my boyfriend said he was visiting his mum was actually code for ‘I’ve been balls deep in an Eastern European prostitute while off my tits on cocaine,’ boy am I going to look stupid if that’s the case he’s never cheated on me and actually, the years of him earning less than me has improved our relationship for the better. Here’s why. Having more time on his hands he was happy to cook and clean and help out in ways that he could and, on the other side, accept drinks and meals that were purchased with my money. There’s not one person who takes the traditional ‘male’ or ‘female’ role and no one’s overly reliant on the other for emotional or financial stability. In fact, everything’s pretty much the way it should be. Because really, if you’ve got a guy that’s going to be wounded by his inability to earn as much as his girlfriend in the current economic climate then he’s really not worth your time. Sure, the monetary value of these things is zero, but the fact he had to think about them means more to me than any five-star restaurant experience could. Plus, five years down the line, we’re still together while said celeb’s had a string of rocky relationships that look anything but as nice as .⓬

Most Viewed Stories

I can spend a whole night with him on a park bench, drinking wine out of the bottle and talking shit, or I could go to an elegant dinner with one of our families and watch him dazzle everyone at the table. I fell in love with him because of his quick and wonderful mind, and it is still the reason I love him today, even though things are, objectively, not working. When we met, we were both in college, him in grad school and me in undergrad. He was going to try to get a job with the NYC public school system, and until then, we would both be servers in restaurants. One of his friends gave us a place to crash for a month while we found work and our own place, both of which we managed to find pretty quickly. It had never even occurred to me that working in the service industry was something we would do long-term, and I looked at it as an opportunity to support myself while looking for something more stable. He had been submitting to a few blogs here and there, and had an article published on a popular music blog, and felt like he wanted to give himself the chance to really try for a writing career. I was worried about money, of course, but it was important to me that he be able to at least give it a shot, and my thinking was that if I discouraged that and we stayed together, he would always resent me for it. And to be honest, part of the reason this is possible is because we are still living in this crappy apartment in Bushwick. My boyfriend has been paid for a grand total of three articles to date, and he is now shift manager at his cafe. I do appreciate and love his progress, and I know that he is a genuinely good writer, but the strain of me being the career girl and breadwinner is showing cracks in our relationship. If we want to do basically anything together, from dinners out to vacations, I have to be the one to pay for it. I would love to be able to do that with my money, but I have to use it to support our life as a couple, if I ever want to go anywhere or do anything. I never thought I would be the kind of girl to feel weird about gender norms, but here I am.

Is it really going to make them cheat on you? Absolutely not. Unless your boyfriend’s a dick.

I thought about that for a moment. Why was a downplaying the fact that I bought my boyfriend a trip to Berlin as a Christmas present? I could afford it. I wanted to go and I wanted him to come with me. Why did I feel the awkward need to back pedal about this gift? I give you all this context because sometimes it feels really awkward that I out earn my boyfriend. People make judgements and comments about what happens when a woman earns more and how it emasculates a man based on traditional, heteronormative gender roles. A woman is often encouraged to downplay her success and allow her male partner to pay the bill for the sake of his pride. All this without ever knowing us or speaking with Peach. We focus on what works best for us in our relationship and a lot of it has to do with practicality. Should I be picking up the tab more often when we go out on dates? I earn more, it would make sense. I have more discretionary income after all.

Boyfriend Is Dependent On Me For Money


Watch Next

⓫-5 -(

It’s really not that much of a big deal

)}Jordan, 28, is an accountant who lives in Boston. The experience made her think about their future. How can she reconcile this? Should she nip this relationship in the bud, or figure out how to change her attitude? Jordan, my boyfriend will make way more money of your discomfort might stem from an awareness that if your roles were reversed say, you wsy bound for academia, and he was the one with the heftier paycheckno one would bat an eye. One survey found that 55 percent of women would consider cutting off a relationship if their partner was heavily in debt, compared to 37 percent of men. That sounds awful.⓬

Comments